Becoming a successful real estate agent is a combination of investing time in education, having a strong work ethic, and being a people person. There are many misconceptions about working as a real estate agent. Any real estate agent will tell you that his number one concern is generating leads. Below are top 35 ways to generate real estate leads.
How To Generate Real Estate Leads
1. Twitter: Find leads with Twitter advanced search. Most likely there are customers on Twitter already looking for your business. How do you find these individuals? The Twitter advance search is a terrific tool that lets you narrow your search down to the key information relevant to your business.
Simply type in the keyword in the search box, then Twitter will update the feed with Tweets using your specific keyword. Using the advance search tool technique you will help you find new leads everyday in a matter of minutes.
2. Classifieds: When done properly, classified ads can easily generate you tons of leads. Classifieds ads are a great way to list items, services, or properties for sale. Below are some of my favorite sites where you can place ads.
3. Door Hangers: This is an effective marketing form of door to door advertising only requires a small amount of time and funds to complete.
4. Direct Mail: Provides your company the ability to target your audience. The USPS offers a great program called, “Every Door Direct Mail Service.” The service is simple to use, very cost effective to reach new potential customers near your area. The simple process lets you create your mail pieces, then you choose the postal routes, and pay for the postage online. The next step is to head to your local Post Office for delivery to choose the households routes. Find more information at: Every Door Direct Mail Service
Benefits of using Direct Mail:
- Never Run Out of Prospects
- Target Precise Recipients
- Cost Effective
5. Moving Companies: Having a venture partnership with a moving company in your area is a great way to generate leads. A lot of people when they relocate to a new city, they usually rent before starting the process of buying a new home. These potential buyers want to find their right neighborhood and your joint venture will help you get these potential leads.
6. Referrals: As a real estate agent you must get out of your comfort zone and start asking for referrals. There are certain rules you should follow when asking for referrals:
- Referrals should always be asked for face-to-face
- Never asked for a referral when presenting a bill
7. Referral Program: Referrals are a key part of the real estate business. It will enable you to convert prospects into clients.
8. Website: Every real estate agent should have a website that will help you solidify your brand, interact with new potential customers, and be able to advertise inexpensively.
9.Radio & TV: The two most prominent traditional media used by companies are radio and TV. Make the time to set up budget and establish your target market to get the most effective exposure.
10. MLS Listing: Search MLS listings to see the latest homes for sale. After you have found some homes in the market, head over to the listing, and make sure to promote yourself as a realtor in the area.
11. Public Speaking: Using public speaking is a terrific way to build credibility, gain community exposure, and formulate a solid referral foundation.
12. Short Sale: Find fresh short sale listing that borrowers currently are 30, 60, 90 days late on mortgage are great potential leads.
13. Pizza Box Advertising: A newer concept in marketing is advertising on pizza boxes.
14. Termite & Pest Control Companies: Join ventures among termite and pest control companies work pretty well together. Many real estate agents gain steady stream of leads because of the popularity of getting your house inspected and they work hand in hand when getting a home ready for listing.
15. Vacant Property: Find motivated sellers instantly when you locate vacant properties. Drive around various neighborhoods and find vacant properties. Make sure to write down the address to obtain information on the premises by searching the courthouse records.
16. Wholesaler List: Find an investor who can give you a list of wholesaler properties. The investor will be more than happy to give you as many leads as possible because your finding him potential buyers.
17. Bumper Stickers: Customize a bumper sticker to promote your business.
18 Logo: Place your company logo everywhere you can. For instance, pens, shirts, hats, flyers, business card, etc.
19. CarRepo: If the person is getting their car repo the next thing in the list might be their home.
20. Family Referrals: Another great way to generate leads is asking your family for any referrals.
21. Market Bulletin Boards: Check out your local spa, groceries, and stores in your area for a chance to place flyer in their bulletin board.
22. Garage Sales: Drive around your neighbor and see any garage sales. Make small talk and find out if they are moving out.
23. Flyers: Using flyers effectively can promote your business. Print out the flyers and head to home depot and place them on each car. The chances of someone been at home depot and owning a house are a greater chance then heading to a different chain store.