One of the main goals of CorneliusCamp.com is to allow real estate agents and vendors to connect with each other, network, and learn from other people’s success stories. In today’s interview, I am excited to be interviewing Judy Szablak.
Meet Judy Szablak
1. Please tell us about yourself and how you got into real estate as a career?
I was working my way through college at an art store (I was supposed to be an artist) and a broker from Century 21 came in. I tried to sell him everything in the store- he sold me on becoming a realtor.
2. What do you like the most about your brokerage?
Coldwell Banker is forward thinking, technologically savvy, marketing geniuses, they embrace my need for autonomy, and treat me very well.
3. How do you use social media to leverage your business?
I have a huge following, and it sets me apart from the competition.
4. What is your greatest avenue for lead generation?
Past clients, referrals from other agents, and yes; a lot from social media as well.
5. What tips can you recommend for buyers and sellers?
Sellers: Most importantly, stage your home both physically and digitally for the internet. Buyers: Get pre-approved first. Choose one agent to work with you. Interview agents until you’re comfortable with your choice.
6. How much is a good percentage to use on advertising?
It really and truly depends on the home. There is no across the board number that I use. Each home demands something different.
7. Can you give us three tools, services, or apps that are pivotal to your business?
Single property websites, Professional photography, and social media.
8. Who is someone that you consider a mentor in real estate and why?
A gentleman by the name of Mike Murray, who has passed on- He taught me how to answer a lot of my own questions.
9. What advice would you give to someone that is just getting started in real estate?
Watch and listen to the top producers, know your product, and don’t be afraid to ask for the order.
10. What is next for you?
What can we expect in 2018? More technology for me. I’m learning highly skilled advertising techniques right now. Never stop learning. If you are not growing, you’re dying. Let that sink in…. That education will bring me to a higher level than where I’m at- (and I’d like to add another car to my collection) You can always do more, and do better. One should never rest on their laurels.
11. How can readers of my blog get in touch with you?
For example, blog, social media handles, email, etc. email Judy@BestAgentsOnline.com or mobile 203-257-5892. I have such an extended background, and so many social media accounts i.e., facebook, twitter, linkedin and Instagram (35+) that I have found it much easier to create a website devoted to my resume, with links to 30+ Facebook pages, 6 twitter accounts, LinkedIn, Instagram and five of my websites http://www.ThePetitePowerhouse.com
Thank you Judy for taking the time to do this interview. Make sure to connect with Judy and leave a comment below.